Squatober

 This weeks blog is going to be a little different.  This week I'm going to talk about my favorite hobby: lifting.  I was introduced to lifting at a very young age.  I actually have a picture of my younger self probably around the age 2 or 3.  I didn't start seriously lifting until around 7th grade though.  So right now I'm going on about my 10th year of lifting.  Although it has been almost 10 years, the previous 3 years have been my best years of training.  

October is my favorite month for 3 reasons: football, my birthday and Squatober.  I'm going to focus on Squatober.  Squatober is a yearly celebration where you squat 5 days a week throughout the month of October.  I have been participating in this celebration for the past 3 years and see myself continuing for the foreseeable future.  Squatober workouts are posted daily on the instagram account @sorinex_squatober and although it is squatting everyday, there is some new challenge everyday.  For example tomorrow the workout is titled "The Stairway to Strongville" for this workout you climb metaphorical stairs by increasing by 1 rep every set at a given weight. This is a fun way to mix up the monotony that can happen in lifting.  Squatober is a very fun challenge for anyone that enjoys pushing themselves in the weight room.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thanksgiving Break

Music

Squatober End